Terrorist: “a person who uses unlawful violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.”
For years now, the Republican Party, the Government of the People party, has declined to rely on the people to choose a government:
- They’ve gerrymandered to the extreme congressional districts to prevent election of members of the Democratic Party
- They’ve passed laws and rules to prevent minorities from voting including providing tiny numbers of polling places and causing huge lines to vote even in the midst of an epidemic
- They’ve chosen a demagogue as leader and replaced a serious platform with his whims which change daily
- They’ve supported violence against immigrants and refugees to prevent increase of minority populations
- They’ve refused to do their constitutional duty to advise and consent on the nomination of judges by a Democratic president
- They’ve advised armed militias to attack or threaten with violence politicians and leaders of opposing parties
- They’ve repeated outrageous lies endlessly to brainwash the public
- They’ve abused the courts with frivolous lawsuits to delay the processes of government
- They’ve threatened with physical violence anyone who speaks against the GOP or its leader
Not accepting the results of the latest election is only the latest in a long string of outrages committed by the party. Even after a failed attempted coup representatives publicly state the Democrats have not won the presidency. Trump gave a rousing speech to his fighters on their way to kill or capture the vice president and anyone else who stood in their way.
Biden should instruct his DOJ to declare the GOP a terrorist organization and start “taking names and kicking ass”. It’s the right thing to do. If not now, we may be seeing the repetition of
First they came for the socialists, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a socialist.
Then they came for the trade unionists, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a trade unionist.
Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.Niemoller
It’s not enough just to speak out about the GOP. It’s time to take action.