TLW’s little Odroid C2 was getting a little confused so I thought to upgrade the software. In particular FireFox was an old version and rather obnoxious at times, pausing and being unresponsive. So I checked it out and found that others just replaced “jessie” with “stretch” in a few places in /etc/apt/sources.list and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/armbian.list and were good to go. I gave it a try and three hours later it was ready to reboot. It took so long not because of the CPU which was idling but the slow SD card I have in it.
Unfortunately, there was no new kernel and FF was the same old version (firefox-esr, extended support release version 52) under a different archive…. but at least it worked. Mozilla doesn’t have a download for FF 60-ESR in ARM64 in “stretch”. There is a version 60 in “experimental” but it’s missing too many dependencies and I don’t want her running “experimental”. Most other packages have a healthy higher version number. I tweaked her file-manager configuration to do things her way and it’s all good.