Solo EV Update For June, 2017

Highlights (for me) of the June CEO Update:

• My questions were dealt with first… The whining noise prominent in some videos is just automatic gain control raising the volume when the car is quiet which it usually is. I can live with that. My SUV sounds like a tank…
  • Certification testing is almost finished for USA. Canada will take longer but it’s underway too.
  • Greens and Beans Deli could have their Solo this week. The last detail was obtaining the vehicle registration.
  • Production is starting, slow at first to 10 a month ASAP. Should be 40-50 units shipped in 2017. 2018 will have more pre-assembled sub-assemblies and other good news to speed things up. Deliveries in USA should begin in September.

This entry was posted in technology and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

33 Responses to Solo EV Update For June, 2017

1. Grece says:

In all seriousness, Robert is of the personality and ego to gloat enough about his Bolo purchase, that he would have scanned and posted his sales contract, etc..

On further note, it’s been a full week and imagine my shock, there has been no delivery of the Greens and Beans Bolo.

Its all good…life goes on…scams come and scams go, and so does old peoples monies.

Well then, Robert. It appears that you have actually bothered yourself to graze the edge of this Ponzi scheme of yours.

(Clearly you have not actually “invested” $250 in it, which is very wise. Otherwise you would have a number to quote.)

Here’s the hilarious thing: apparently, since 2013, there have been 526 reservations. (Presumably at $250 each.) Well, that makes for a heck of a lot of tuna samwiches, Robert, but not all that many actual … things … sorry, tricycles … sorry, honest-to-God pretend people carriers.

You actually haven’t made a down payment of £250 on this specious vehiculette, have you, Robert? It would be most unlike you to risk so much as a candy bar on anything that doesn’t come with a girl guide attached.

But you can prove me and Grece wrong. You don’t need the delivery number. You don’t even need to cite the slimy get-out-of-jail=free Jerry lawyer nonsense.

Second paragraph, third word after the first comma, Robert. What is that word?

You do of course have a contract. Written. No matter how useless.

Don’t you?

3. Grece says:

I never saw Bill Gates, Elon Musk and Steve Jobs having problems shipping/delivering products.

Mark Bezos provides a service for me within two-days. While you Robert, stick your nose up in the air, preferring to order things from China. Just to save a few loonies. Remind me which option makes the most logical sense.

The future of Jerry Kroll, doesn’t look to bright does it Robert?

4. Grece wrote, “pointing out the truth?”

No. You folks deride entrepreneurs and their customers for having some vision of the future instead of accepting the status quo. That’s not truth. That’s abuse. Get over it. Solo exists. It can handle commuting. It’s economical. It performs well. People want it. Accept that.

EMV is not going out of business any time soon because it’s ready to produce a desirable product and investors and customers have faith in it. That’s what matters, not your worst-case scenarios.

5. Grece says:

Pains in the behind, for what, pointing out the truth? LOL!!

Solo is not happening now, in the future, or ever. As flying_solo stated, “Pogson is in denial”.

6. One wonders why flying_solo posts on SoloOwners.net if he doesn’t intend to buy a Solo and doesn’t trust EMV? I guess it’s the same reason DrLoser and others post here. They’re just pains in the behind.

The facts are that EMV has shown they can design and build a car that works for me and others. From what I’ve seen they will certainly be able to make money that way and if they scale up with further investment they will be able to make a lot of money and make a difference, giving consumers a real choice in the market instead of copying 19th century oily machinery. Whatever the detours/delays/bumps in the road, Solo will happen soon and I will be in line to have mine.

7. Grece says:

Robert won;t provide any sort of number, I knew he wouldn’t.

The only fact I can see is that he has done spent 15 Hours, 47 Minutes, 35 Seconds on the http://soloowners.net forum.

Here is a tidbit: http://soloowners.net/showthread.php?tid=638&pid=3129#pid3129

Start there and read down, the flying-solo persona shares the same sentiment as I do in the entire deal.

If they do get the G&B Solo delivered today, I’ll come back and post an apology. Otherwise, EMV just goes in my waste bin of “over-promise, under-(never)deliver” trike companies, joining the likes of Davis, 20th Century Motors, Carver/Persu/etc, Corbin (Sparrow/Merlin/Raven), Cree Sam, Elio, SRK, and who-knows-how-many-others.

Here…..Here!!

8. DrLoser whined. To shut him up I’ll give him a link to others’ published numbers. Think that will shut the loser up? I doubt it.

9. DrLoser wrote, “a simple number would indicate that you might not actually be a total liar”.

No it would not. You would just claim the number was false or go off on some other tangent. You don’t need the number for any legitimate purpose. Perhaps I’ll reveal it after delivery or on the licence plate but I see no need to reveal it here and now. It’s not relevant to any point I want to make except it’s still possible for me to have the car in Q1 2018 assuming EMV can take the brakes off production this summer.

Give us the delivery number, Robert. Give us the delivery number.

Or at least do us the courtesy of explaining to us why you are not prepared to divulge this number. (Which, presumably, is on the bottom of the “contract” that you haven’t actually signed.)

At the very least, Robert, a simple number would indicate that you might not actually be a total liar, and you might actually have put $250 down as a deposit.

I’m beginning to thing that Grece has caught you out on this one. There is no evidence at all that you have shelled out $250, is there?

Give us the delivery number.

Folks have different numbers, idiot!

An interesting theory, Robert. Let’s put it to the test.

What is your number? Which question would lead us to the obvious next question: are you in contact with another senile old git who has actually spent $250 on this … thing … (as opposed to you, Robert, who has not yet evidenced the contract based on the deposit)?

Because such a circumstance would actually consititute evidence. (I honestly believe the delivery numbers will be identical. Prove me wrong.)

All you have, Pog, is wishful thinking backed up by crappy non-technical videos. Or, to put it another way, nothing at all.

I’d be interested in the views of TLW on this quixotic venture of yours, btw. After all, she still believes in driving an unnecessary guzzler of fossil fuels … Presumably she has some sort of opinion on a badly built overly expensive electric tricycle that almost certainly won’t be delivered.

I wonder. What would that view be?

(Chuckle. Gigggle. Bwahaha. Not sure how a Latina would express polite contempt, but I’m pretty sure that chuckle giggle bwahaha.)

12. Grece says:

I’m telling you, Robert has become a clone of FIfi; the amount of doubling down is incredible!

13. DrLoser wrote, “Are you seriously suggesting that the noise apparently made by this deficient kit car is actually a mere artefact of a badly-produced video that doesn’t have even the semblance of professional audio mixing?”

Audio mixing can’t fix AGC, Automatic Gain Control, which is found in a lot of crude systems available to consumers. The device turns up the sensitivity to keep a more or less constant energy level in the audio channel. If there isn’t any signal, you get “white noise”, just static. If there is a tiny signal from the drivetrain, that’s all you hear. That’s what it sounds like to me on several videos and folks weren’t hiring pros. They were uploading from their smartphones. See, examples

14. DrLoser, hallucinating, wrote, “Every single bogus contract will have the same delivery number. Which is why I am asking you for your delivery number. It’s not a real number. It will never be delivered. It is a scam.”

Folks have different numbers, idiot! The cars will be delivered. Even at this tiny rate of production, revenue will be brought in to ramp up the rate of production. Because the car is so easy to assemble and parts are so readily available the cost of replicating the assembly lines is trivial. Just a few cars pays for the next one to start up. Heck, they could do it in a parking lot on sunny days if they wanted. They could train volunteers. They could do it in almost any empty building with wide doors. They could do it in a tent. There are towns all over BC with space and manpower willing to work. There’s no reason the cars won’t be delivered. It’s just a matter of the schedule. If the IPO works or the Dragon’s Den comes through or a few investors step forward or they get a loan the cars will be produced at quite a good rate. If they have to go pay-as-you-go it will still happen. They have $15million in orders on the books. They can operate for years just on Solo and expand. Just how are they going to go out of business with such conditions? They are not a scam.

That’s consistent with Grece’s modus operandi of making wild claims on baseless “facts”.

And also consistent with your obstinate refusal to quote a delivery number at minimum or else provide details of the contract, Robert.

Personally, I believe Grece. You haven’t stumped up any money on this thing at all, have you? You don’t have a contract. You don’t have a delivery number.

Go on, prove us wrong.

I did quite like this schtick, though. Very comical:

Ignoring the fact that this is a sincle question, which I think was originally pointed out by Grece, it’s still hilarious.

“Gain”? Are you seriously suggesting that the noise apparently made by this deficient kit car is actually a mere artefact of a badly-produced video that doesn’t have even the semblance of professional audio mixing?

Are you nuts?

Let’s play a little game, Robert. You won’t ‘fess up to your delivery number, so let’s go over and under on the number of gold-embossed shares you own in the Brooklyn Bridge — incorporating a color photograph of President Alexander Hamilton, no less.

I’m going to guess around a thousand. Anybody willing to take another guess?

17. DrLoser, continuing to deny reality, wrote, “You couldn’t fund a “mass-produced” vehicle in Vietnam for “a few million more” than $12 million. Let alone in British Columbia.”

So, all this IT designing form, fit and function and arranging shopping lists doesn’t work? OMG! You should tell the world they are doing it the wrong way. I can tell you for certain, one can build an IT-system for a school, or a house using mostly computers until it comes time to spend real money and that the bill of materials for the Solo costs about half the price for which the car sells. It certainly is possible to make such a gadget on a tiny budget. EMV Solo is the proof of that. You do realize the cars exist and they can be made in Vancouver, eh?

18. Grece wrote, “With him being mum on the subject, it leads me to believe that he never did put down money to begin with, but that’s just my opinion.”

Here’s one way I see this “scheme” playing out, Robert. (I’m sure Grece can offer further decorations on “schemes” like this.)

Chap in Vancouver gets himself a name as a “Green” champion. “Greens” are notoriously bad at thinking about commercial reality, but on the other hand they tend to be middle-class and are big on wishful thinking.

Chap gets, let’s say, 1,000 wishful idiots to stump up $250 each on a bogus contract — the details of which you have not supplied, Robert, by the way. Each bogus contract has a delivery number attached. Something enticing, say, like 80 or 90, which would (theoretically, at 10 a month) mean delivery in the middle of 2018.

Now, here’s the thing. Every single bogus contract will have the same delivery number. Which is why I am asking you for your delivery number. It’s not a real number. It will never be delivered. It is a scam.

But our chap here doesn’t just depend on the marks. No, the marks are just churn money for the “investors.” Let’s revisit that guesstimate of 1,000 marks at $250 each — it adds up to $250,000.

Chappie now goes to the bottom-feeding end of venture capital and points out that he has $250,000 in the bank, and 1,000 well-heeled customers. Bottom-feeding venture capitalists cough up something trivial like $12 million or so, because, hey, it’s not their money. Ironically, it’s probably the pension money of the self-same middle-class idiots who stumped up the $250 in the first place.

Jerry sits back, siphons off the money for “supply chain orders,” picks his time, and runs off with $5 million or so.

Not, I agree, your traditional Ponzi scheme. But a rip-off nonetheless.

20. Grece says:

I asked Robert long-ago for his order number, never got anywhere with him.

Share with us your contract / terms of service Robert. I’d like to see what Electra Meccanica sent to you. Feel free to blot out all the pertinent information if you like.

Senile babble, old man. You couldn’t fund a “mass-produced” vehicle in Vietnam for “a few million more” than $12 million. Let alone in British Columbia.

That’s chump change. It’s basically money down the toilet, much like your $250, in fact.

But you’re still not willing to cough up a simple and non-embarrassing piece of information, are you? I have no idea why you balk at this.

Cough it up. What is the waiting-line number specified on your “contract?”

You can lie if you want. You can claim that you are #20, for example, and since I doubt that as many of ten of these … things … will ever be delivered to a customer, then it follows that I will not be able to catch you in a lie. Or you can just round the number up to, say, the nearest hundred. Suitably anonymous, I think.

But, seriously, Robert, old man. Why not tell us the number specified on your “contract?”

22. Grece wrote, “I have seen far better produced “technical” videos on YouTube by a dude in his garage”.

Of course, Jerry Kroll is not a technical wizard but he is the current spokesperson. I meant “technical” in terms of voltages on the motor and such, stuff that 99% of consumers would not care about. If I were in charge of EMV Jerry would be introducing test-drives abundantly documented with lots of smiling faces and Jerry’s engineers would be presenting about the innards of the thing. Since EMV is so small, it’s all Jerry for now. Once mass-production happens they will have the proper people in place just as they will have service shops and distributors everywhere.

23. DrLoser wrote, of shareholders in ElectraMeccanica, “Who are not “raising millions,” btw. “

Read the damned filings! The shareholders have raised ~$12million so far and they’ve been offered a prospectus to sell their shares on the market and also to buy more shares. They need only a few million more to move to mass-production because they are so efficient. Other companies have used ten times as much money and not gotten to markets. EMV is doing fine. I would buy shares if my money were not tied up in another investment at the moment. This could all change by August or so when the certifications are done and buyers contribute purchase prices.

24. Grece wrote, “Gluing cheap low-pile boat carpeting onto fiberglass”.

There is no fibreglas in Solo, so that comment is irrelevant. I happen to like cheap carpet. It makes me feel less pain when I mess it up. Come to think of that, I don’t mess up carpets. TLW and our offspring are another matter. They all drink coffee and snack on chips while driving…

The purpose of the carpet is to provide better traction and to absorb some road/wind noise. I doubt an expensive carpet would do much better. It’s all about coupling to the fibres, eh?

25. Grece says:

Gluing cheap low-pile boat carpeting onto fiberglass, does not constitute “craftsmanship” of any sort. The inside of the SOLO is done this way.

DrLoser intimated, “Ponzi scheme”.

I did nothing of the sort. I came straight out and told you that it is a Ponzi scheme.

This is certainly not a Ponzi scheme.

Excuse me, but a Ponzi scheme typically involves initial “investors” being promised the Earth (say, a Miracule Car) for an initial investment of, say, $250. The payoff ($25,000) is funded by tranches of subsequent “investors” on a leveraged basis (in this case, 100-1).

And the initial “investors” never realise that they are in a Ponzi scheme until it goes tits up. Sound familiar so far? But I’ll grant you, there are significant differences:

Shareholders are raising $millions but the deposits only $thousands.

This is quite innovative, as Ponzi schemes go. Not only do the initial marks get screwed (because, let’s face it, at a gearing of 100-1, there isn’t going to be a second round of marks), but a whole bunch of other idiots get drawn in as “shareholders.”

Who are not “raising millions,” btw. Didn’t you read the filings I cited? The amount of operating cash floating around is pitifully small.

There’s also a product in production.

The indefinite article, as in singular. I regret to say that this is not impressive, nor does it dispel the whiff of Ponzi.

If I were of a charitable disposition, I would regard this “a product” as evidence of Craftsmanship. Given the build quality, I think it’s more realistic to see it as evidence of Ponzi.

27. Grece says:

This is a rather technical video.

Robert, stop it, I just drank a cuppa tea. I have seen far better produced “technical” videos on YouTube by a dude in his garage, then what I witnessed last night.

28. DrLoser wrote, “Not quite so remarkable as you think.”

This is a rather technical video. The vast majority of ordinary consumers would not be interested. They are however interested in Solo, thousands of them. If 1-10% of people are into the technical minutia there are thousands interested in the car even though advertising has only just begun.

29. DrLoser intimated, “Ponzi scheme”.

This is certainly not a Ponzi scheme. Shareholders are raising $millions but the deposits only $thousands. There’s also a product in production.

Not quite so remarkable as you think. Sometimes people just want a good laugh. (“Throwing thruppence in Bedlam” springs to mind.)

Here’s the thing. Every day, millions of North Americans walk into a car dealer and “view” a car. Sometimes more than one, strangely enough. That’s millions, not 417.

It’s also direct marketing. The sort of indirect marketing that you get on YouTube has a hit ratio of 0.1% at best. So you are looking at maybe 0.4 of a purchaser for this wretched … thing.

Which is probably a big boon for you, Robert, because that means less people in line. Remind us all. Which lottery ticket did you end up with?

Well, you don’t seem too keen on offering evidence of a workable contract, Robert. Which is, of course, your right as a private citizen. Why should we, the unwashed as it were, be availed of any sort of knowledge concerning the legalities of how you have been ripped off?

(Of course, as an advocate of FLOSS, you should be willing to open your kimono immediately, as it were. But you’re a bit spotty on the open bit, aren’t you? Transparency is not your forte.)

Still, there’s no reason at all to supply solid documentary evidence as to why you are not the sad old victim of a Ponzi scheme. So let me just ask you this one, quite important question:

What number does your Solo deposit qualify you for?

32. Here we are 9h later and EMV’s FaceBook page has 471 views for the video linked above. Clearly, hundreds are interested in the progress of Solo to market. It’s been a remarkable story on a shoestring budget. I’m still disappointed at the low rate of production but considering they don’t have certification in the bag yet, it would be foolish to be cranking out cars that can’t be driven. It will be sad for me if USA gets certification done first when Solo is made/conceived/designed in Canada. OTOH it is certain that EMV will succeed on this. They’ve done all the right things even if their online persona is a little shaky. The performance of the car more than compensates me for that. Good things are worth the wait.

The SEC in USA reports that EMV has been given a “notice of effectiveness” which means all that is necessary for public issuance of shares and trading is the issuance of a ticker symbol. One more hurdle crossed.

33. Grece says:

Comical!…they fixed the audio, but the video production is horrible.

The glaring fact that stuck out with me, and I only watched the first few minutes mind you, is Jerry has to read from a script continuously. I don’t know about you, but I have given presentations and have spoken in front a large audience. The first thing you learn in public speaking, is that you DO NOT read from a piece of paper. You may reference it, calling out topics, then looking back to pickup a new topic.

Additional, Jerry doesn’t seem technically astute either. Is this microphone on?

He trips over the certifications/testing part, but never mentions who is doing it.

Could be delivered?…what about will be delivered!…how in the hell can this fool be the CEO of anything, if he cannot determine when products are to be delivered to customers. Seriously, Jerry has to be the worst CEO that I have ever encountered in my life.

Oh and the lovely Jenna, in the background soundly texting away, on snapchat…hehehehe.. I am so cute.

Solid production Robert, surely it will win over the hearts and minds of the masses.

Its all good……PUKE.