Pfffttt! Air Goes Out Of Trump’s Balloon. Yours too.

Own US dollars? Think Trump is good for business and the economy? Think again. The world pumped the value of the USD on Trump’s election but most of the air has already come out of that balloon. Almost daily disastrous decisions leads many to question the sanity of the fearless leader and some of his nominees/appointees… Firing people of known wisdom and trustworthiness inspires no confidence. Breaking deals while people are in the air carrying valid visas/green cards inspires no confidence. Bothering businesses who have invested $billions in factories to change instantly inspires no confidence. If Trumpism can do this much damage in ten days, what the Hell will happen in 4 years? Meanwhile my pension portfolio is way up (+70%) in the last year.

This entry was posted in politics and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Pfffttt! Air Goes Out Of Trump’s Balloon. Yours too.

1. Deaf Spy wrote, “why do you think a strong local currency is a mark of a strong economy?”

Investment/pension capital flows to where it gets the best return/most security.

2. Deaf Spy says:

Interesting, Robert, why do you think a strong local currency is a mark of a strong economy?

Hint: watch how China fight heavily to keep they yuan under market value by pegging it to a few currencies and keeping its exchange rate within narrow boundaries. I give you three guesses why they do it.

3. dougman wrote, “you have not done much of anything.”

Nonsense. The reason I bought the thing was that it was much faster than the broken Sears tiller which took multiple days to do the yard. The Chinese machine ploughed the yard in one day and rototilled it in another. Actually, I found it tiring to keep up with it walking around beside it. It needs a lower gear… I never got it to full throttle until TLW rode it. The thing has 50% more width and three times the power of the Sears tiller.

Dismissing all your over explanation and gibberish. That satellite photo was taken in Aug 25 2015, your tractor went on its first exercise Apill 7th, the same year.

Actually from looking at the various other dates available, you have not done much of anything.

5. dougman wrote, “You have not accomplished anything with that machine. I have not seen one bed tilled/cultivated producing any sort of vegetable or fruit.”

We’ve broken up a Hell of a lot of clay and lumps with it and planted hundreds of trees some of which will eventually bear fruit and nuts. We had quite a bit of grape, raspberry, asparagus last year. In abut three years we will produce more fruit than we can consume, plus the yard is starting to look pretty good. As the trees grow, TLW’s winter light-show is looking better and better. This year, the snowdrifts were unable to cover all her small trees. In two or three years she will have quite a show and the grass will be well-established. The Chinese machine will prepare edges and corners and one last strip before we’re done with it this spring, probably May. I want to eliminate all sharp turns when mowing the lawn so I’m planting flowers and trees in the corners. The grapes are my second biggest project. In 3-4 years we should have grapes galore. Then there are the Saskatoons in a thicket I’m making beside the garden. I could have about 200 shrubs bearing fruit in 4-5 years. We’re OK. Don’t worry. My freezer is full.

Here’s the property. You can see what Chinese ingenuity has done. TLW’s trees show like dots. Mine are even smaller, started from seeds or twigs.

“the machine has accomplished just about everything I wanted.”

LIAR! You have not accomplished anything with that machine. I have not seen one bed tilled/cultivated producing any sort of vegetable or fruit.

I had an abundance of 30′ rows that I tilled in sand last year, and still have frozen produce left over to show for it. This year, I am building raised beds using pressure treated wood over my septic field. The growing media will be play sand and peat-moss at a 50/50 ratio. I may build a few trellises for tomatoes, peas and beans but I am undecided as of yet, working projects between the barn and basement have my attention for the moment.

I continually try to tell you how to grow produce, but you never listen to my advice. Its like “pfffft.. in one ear and out the other” with you always.

Eh.

7. DrLoser wrote, “Did you eventually repurpose your PRC “rototiller” into something useful, like a crow-scarer?”

TLW has learned to steer it. The plan is to use it to cultivate the edges of the yard and the last strip to be planted with grapes, clover, and a few vegetables next spring, soon. The engine will be moved to the alternator but it could be put back on an hour’s notice. It’s a dozen bolts to remove and a hoisting operation. That engine alone is worth more than I paid for the entire set and it’s still as good as new. The cultivator has a bit of wear on the tines. I may “hardface” them by welding to help them stay sharp longer but the machine has accomplished just about everything I wanted. Most of our planting areas are in trees now. It will only be used for flowerbeds and such from now on, a tiny fraction of the yard, where a smaller machine would do.

8. dougman wrote, “I’m sorry a few people are inconvenienced, but the security of the nation is more important than a few non-citizens. That’s right, people on valid visas and green cards are not citizens and are of less importance over an American citizen.”

It’s not about a few people. Those ~1K who were “inconvenienced” have tens of thousands of friends, relatives and businesses who were harmed by the disruption. If Google has ~100 staff who were harmed, you can bet a dozen other big corporations with global operations were also harmed. This is only the beginning. Trump is destroying your web 2.0 economy, cloud computing, the Internet, world trade, the USD… He’s only just begun. If he does this much damage in ten days, how much will he have wrecked in 1000 days? Trump is a megalomaniac. He’s a compulsive wrecking ball who wakes at 0400 wondering what to wreck today. He’s a compulsive liar. He makes himself the centre of attention and a bottleneck through which every economic and political decision must pass. That model does not scale just like Hitler’s war-effort. Hitler was distracted by Jews and Russians and Poland and Czechoslovakia and ruined Germany and millions of lives for abosolutely no gain. That’s Trump’s effect. We don’t know how far he will be allowed to get. The checks and balances are barely functioning in the Constitution. The danger is great.

9. dougman wrote, “in essence, you are against the expressed wishes of the American people.”

Nope. Not at all. I heard many apologists for Trump declare that we should not pay attention to Trump’s words but his meaning and now we learn the truth. Trump meant every wicked, mean, deplorable thing he ever said or did. He’s trying to drag down USA into his den of iniquity. Further, he only got ~40% of the vote. Hillary got more, so he doesn’t really have the kind of mandate to ignore everyone and forge ahead. At some point people will have enough and have him impeached or voted out or his majority of Congress eliminated. The question is how much damage can Trump do to USA before then?

Have you noticed anything? Trump’s priorities have not been taxes or jobs. What’s he doing hammering refugees instead of the number one issue? Could it be that he was just suckering his supporters with that line about him caring about workers? I can tell you straight. If Trump does drastically reduce foreign trade a lot of those workers will lose their jobs. If Trump forces business back to USA, their costs will rise and they will either replace workers with robots or reduce production. Trump is not a magician. He can’t defeat market-forces. He can give tax-breaks to his rich friends and keep out cheap labour but he can’t provide full employment without cutting wages. Further, Yellin has stated USA is at about full employment by modern standards now. Employment has nowhere to go but down with Trump. To attempt to improve the lives of workers, he will have to spend a lot of money, raise taxes or raise debt. Trump has said that he loves debt… USA is becoming a socialist country like parts of Europe that are in the toilet these days. Nationalist fervor, crazy ideas about the economy, bad things happening…

It doesn’t quite work that way, Pog.
    Then again, practically nothing works the way you think it does.
    Chinese tractorettes, Windows 10, electric tricycles with a plastic hull, promises of the $99 ARM zillion-core server to beat all servers … pretty much none of it at all.

I’m behind the times on at least one of those, btw. Did you eventually repurpose your PRC “rototiller” into something useful, like a crow-scarer?

“What business would stay in business if the CEO ordered some change and customers were turned away rudely at the door? ”

Being president and running a company, are entirely two different things. A CEO is beholden to the stockbrokers and board, the president is beholden to the population of a nation. The nation has spoken, and Trump is acting on his promises. So in essence, you are against the expressed wishes of the American people.

Look, I’m sorry a few people are inconvenienced, but the security of the nation is more important than a few non-citizens. That’s right, people on valid visas and green cards are not citizens and are of less importance over an American citizen.

Your argument is weak, as is your faulty logic. Trying to compare the stock market to the presidential approval is just silly. I would remind you that correlation does not imply causation.

12. dougman wrote, “What did you do last weekend?”

At least I thought of the consequences of my actions. Trump advertised himself as a successful business-man. What business would stay in business if the CEO ordered some change and customers were turned away rudely at the door? Trump banned people with valid visas and green cards. He broke a contract between those people and USA throwing the whole operation into disrepute. What company or country or individual will now want to make a deal with USA and expect the terms to be honoured? None. Trump has damaged his brand and the USA. He even dishonoured people described as heroes by USAian military people who depended on translators in Iraq. Last weekend was an unmitigated disaster on many fronts and Trump made it all happen. He’s responsible for judges ruling that the order would not likely stand legal scrutiny and that people should be released from detention. Now, he claims that DOJ approved the thing when they didn’t. More lies instead of good government.

Yep, DOW is down $178 as I write.

“Trump did something stupid last weekend”

What did you do last weekend? Put money down on a one-person golfcart, and whine over not getting your weenie board from China. A worthy accomplishment I would say.

14. dougman wrote, “Perhaps you should worry about your own country for once.”

Well, perhaps you should look again. Trump did something stupid last weekend and CDN is now $0.77 USD.

Pogsey, why you so worried about America? We are going to be great again, unlike you.

Perhaps you should worry about your own country for once. The loonie future doesn’t look good, especially when you add in them carbon taxes, eh?

In other news Pogsey, Canada rejects kid’s due to genetics. Canada is nothing more than a bunch of socialists, pushing for a eugenics fiefdom.