Well, that arctic blast has moved on and I moved all my potted plants out into the sunshine. It looks like it will be warm enough to spray the dandelions this afternoon.
I took a break to examine the alternator. To my surprise it’s the next smaller size to the one I ordered… Anyway, it’s plenty big enough and half the price asked locally. It wasn’t packed very well. An anchor bolt pulled out in handling. The crate suffered, not the alternator. As a bonus, they also supplied drive belts, so I have spares for the tractor and the alternator. I was going to use longer belts for a vertical drive with a twist, but I may just as well build the trailer to couple directly to the tractor. Then, it will surely drive my welder at full power.
Before fiddling with the alternator it’s time to do serious planting now: corn, beans, squash, grass and a few more trees. I will be busy all week. I just got a call that some grand kids will visit. Even my investments are working hard today. Everything’s finally coming together. My ToDo list will be a lot shorter by June, just replacing my IT-system with a new switch, a smaller but more powerful Beast, and new clients all running GNU/Linux on ARM.