LibreOffice Continues To Gain Mindshare

According to Google Trends, LibreOffice is holding a substantial mindshare while openoffice.org is in decline. Most of the regions where people search out LibreOffice are regions where GNU/Linux is thriving so this suggests more folks are planning to switch from TOOS to GNU/Linux and LibreOffice. That’s smart. More performance. Less pain.

11 Responses to LibreOffice Continues To Gain Mindshare

Can anybody see the calibration on the y-axis there?

There isn’t one, is there?

Consequently, you are all a bloviating waste of space.

2. LinuxGentlesir says:

My preferred typesetting solution is LaTeX. I don’t know of anyone who uses MS Office any more.

This is why M$ Orfice sucks!

“I bought Microsoft 365 University for college in November or December. Supposed to be good for 4 years, yea right. Mailbox keeps crashing, they keep fixing it. Now Word has started crashing, I called customer support. I paid for it for 4 years. Somehow it got cancelled. Do you think they they could reinstate it immediately? Hell no. The process takes 24-72 hours.”

LOL… it pains me to hear crap like this.

M$ Orfice is a bloated-pig!

Deaf Spy I would not call it clever when every other Office suite on Android does not have that limitation. 10.1 inch is about keeping the netbook screen separation alive yet only MS Office suit does this on Android. MS Office end up with bad reviews on Google Play because of the 10.1 limit so pushing it down the Google Play search order.

MS Office is not making it into the top 3 of Android Office suits. The only advantage MS Office has is connection to MS Services over the competitors. Guess what Libreoffice provides.

MS Office is late to party on Android other players have staked out their claims. Yes Libreoffice knows they will be fighting in the Android market.

6. Deaf Spy says:

Pretty clever, actually. 🙂

To see whose predictions are better, Fifi. Gosh, I don’t believe I need to explain that.
    When the win condition ie MS Office release on android has already happened the bet is pointless. https://products.office.com/en-us/mobile/office-android-tablet

Deaf Spy now are you going to add some feature terms to make the bet reasonable. The interesting point is Android versions of MS Office are free unless you want to sync against sharepoint or the like. Please note the Android beta from Libreoffice can sync against sharepoint.

Please note MS Office for android refuses to work with anything with larger than a 10.1 inch screen. Yes Libreoffice for android will not have this strange restriction. Yes android devices that plug into TV screens and the like MS Office for android will not work.

Deaf Spy this is the thing MS Office might be released on Android but is limited.

8. Deaf Spy says:

Deaf Spy what is the point of the bet.

Deaf Spy what is the point of the bet. MS Office is technically released on Android. But its not the complete matching function set.

Libreoffice for Android and Libreoffice on-line has the same goal of bringing all the functionality. Catch was that complete Libreoffice rendering engine had to be remade to make it possible.

So Libreoffice objective is the same source code no matter the platform.

Basically you need to lay down some rules here. Exactly what level functionality.

10. Deaf Spy says:

Let’s make a bet. MS Office will come to Android sooner than LO. I bet $100 donation to your favorite charity. What about you, Pogson?