The Day of GNU/Linux

Some may argue that there will not be a “year of desktop GNU/Linux” etc. but there definitely is a day, in Italy at least.

Linux Day 2013,

Italy is one of the hot spots for GNU/Linux globally. It has a huge number of LUGs and the government of Italy has made much use of FLOSS:

You can even find a map of Italy with linux-friendly suppliers in every region.

Italian page-views don’t discriminate between home and office. Those Italians use it everywhere.
Italian_usage_daily

This entry was posted in technology and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to The Day of GNU/Linux

1. There will never be “a day of GNU/Linux” because there is no such thing as GNU/Linux. It’s just called “Linux.” Nothing else. Please do not cave in to Stallman’s whiny antics.

2. matchrocket says:

“…your prose is usually empty of anything that is worth commenting upon…”

You kind of nailed it bw, I comment on you.

3. Mats Hagglund says:

“If you look at the research into failures, culture is very resilient to change,” said Paul Carroll, co-founder of the Devil’s Advocate Group and co-author of Billion-Dollar Lessons: What You Can Learn from the Most Inexcusable Business Failures of the Last 25 Years. “Culture eats strategy for breakfast.” ”

4. bw says:

you have a job to do and you will do it as long as it’s your job

Ironic as it may be, I now officially do not have a job at all. I am officially retired, not just on paper, but in my own mind. “Everyday is Saturday!” is my motto now.

What is so wonderful about all that is that I now can devote more time than ever to nettling you silly FOSS fans. Not you particularly, matchrocket, your prose is usually empty of anything that is worth commenting upon although you served nicely to segue into my new set of pastimes.

Pogson seems to have taken up mowing lawns and welding odds and ends. I am “volunteering” at various things in the community, mostly to do with herding old-timers around. I’m now with the state Dept of Elder Affairs doing Medicare counseling for other new retirees and working with the sheriff as sort of an unarmed George Zimmerman with a lot more training hours and a real patrol car with radios and computer connections to the county network.

I’m now a certified tech for Car-Fit as well:

Add some golf and bridge to that and I’ve got just enough time left to bug you all. 🙂

M$ is YOUR guy?? Ah, so the truth is revealed, you are employed from M$ and make money from their idiotic nuisances.

6. matchrocket says:

bw wrote: “That’s what I’m talking about.”

But as a Microsoft troll on a FLOSS blog, your “talk” is worthless bw. Completely worthless. Why don’t you find a nice park to stroll in instead of posting here. That would do us all a lot of good.

Maybe you fail to realize the foolishness of your position. A foolishness growing more foolish day by day. It’s not where Microsoft is, it’s where it’s going at an accelerating rate. Actually I suspect you do know exactly where you stand and it’s not good, but you have a job to do and you will do it as long as it’s your job.

7. bw says:

Those Italians use it everywhere.

Well, one out of sixty or so use it. But is that really anything to crow about? My guy is in the nine out of ten or more bracket. That’s what I’m talking about.