About two weeks ago, I began to seed my garden. Recent developments:
- I have finished seeding corn by hand, one per square foot, 500g of seed…about 4500 kernels. I hope my friends show up to help eat the crop. 😉 I think, next year, I will ask them to help plant it as well.
- The first sprouts I have seen are corn, radish, rhubarb, asparagus, lilies, rose, and apple. It’s going to be a great year.
- I still have a bunch of tree seeds and a few onion sprouts to plant.
- Dandelions got raked over with my battery-powered whipper-snipper.
- My Dahlia cuttings seemed to have had a setback but it was just a period of low light. I will move them outside shortly to fix that.
- I have sprouted some unknown bulbs donated by a relative. I suspect they are tulip, narcissus or daffodil bulbs. I have not planted those for years but images on the web seem to match.
Tomorrow, I plan to plant grass seed on a few bare zones/spots and place a bunch of dormant tree-seeds in trays. If I have the energy, I may fertilize the grass and start watering more than the garden-seeds. I also plan to sharpen the blades on the big mower. I have to weld on nuts to the retaining bolts which have been in forever… It seems I work harder now that I am retired.