Linux Taking over the world

Check out Google’s trends:

That other OS

Linux

That other OS does seem to have play in impoverished third world countries but Linux has several huge countries and major players in IT in the top 10 regions. It’s interesting to note that “8” doesn’t even get on the radar…

This entry was posted in technology and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Linux Taking over the world

Reviewing trends for Android, Windows 8 and Windows 7. You can see the rate of climb still going strong for Android. Windows 7 has peaked already and in decline, Windows 8 has peaked as well.

2. ram says:

I’ve been to two major Asian IT trade shows in the past two months. At both shows Microsoft 8 was on display at some booths. At both shows, little interest was expressed. People played with it a bit, as I did, and walked away.

Booths that were displaying Linux applications and devices were considerably busier requiring one to wait in line for a while before getting to the front.

I think the trend is clear.

3. Mats Hagglund says:

2 days ago i installed Linux Mint 13 to my daughter’ computer. Less than two years she used Windows 7 until it really started to sucks (malwares). Not only she moved from Windows to Linux, she and her boyfriend made decision not to buy iPad, instead they both saw Galaxy Tab as much better choice. The Android-tablet boom has really started now in Scandinavia.

All the PRO Windows Admins that I know, have all said that they are not deploying Windows 8 nor are they recommending it.

Most are expressing interest in using Chromebooks, instead of laptops for outside sales people or those in the field. They use a RDP app to connect to the server. Bye Bye Windows laptop..

5. kozmcrae says:

Microsoft and their astroturfers all say you just have to take a little time to get used to the new interface and then you’ll just love Window 8. Why the new interface? What was wrong with the old one? Why sacrifice the desktop interface for the tablet interface?

I watched that video and from it, it’s clear that the problem is more than just a one-interface-fits-all. Microsoft is still operating in monopoly mode. They believe they can simply tell the world to buy their product. Now they must be in some kind of denial. Blaming the bad reviews for a poor showing of Window 8 instead of the fact that it’s just a crappy, anti-productive OS.

If I’m correct that’s good. They will continue to miss the mark. Come to think of it, I don’t think they are capable of hitting the mark. Not in their current incarnation. The company architecture is geared to work under monopoly conditions. They will continue to fail in a competitive market.

6. eug says:

Some Windows users that I know (not power users in any sense) state that they do not migrate to Linux because, as they say, “the OS is different”. Of course, they never consider that they had to adapt from XP to Vista and then to 7…(One wonders what they will say after buying a computer with Windows 8).

7. Pretty harsh, but M$ has lost it.

Good review of Windows 8: http://youtu.be/WTYet-qf1jo

When I had some free time to take a look at Windows 8, I realized that I couldn’t be impartial. The thing blows, and in this cartoon illustration, I show exactly why.

Windows 8? Whats that? No one is buying it or will use it at a business and yes, it is that bad!

Regarding M$ and Windows, check this tidbit out. Gives one a little insight on how they conduct business.

nobody at Microsoft ever understood how the code worked (much less still understood it), and that most of the code was completely uncommented, we simply couldn’t figure out why the collision detector was not working. Heck, we couldn’t even find the collision detector!

See M$ acquires software, uses it for a spell, then tosses it aside later when they cannot figure it out. Whats to say that Skype gets tossed down the road?

With Linux, one does not have to deal with the huge expenses that occur with failures in IT.

The ‘Net is driven by Linux, so should your business. Linux has become ubiquitous and available for everyone and anyone.