Alibaba is expected to exceed sales of Amazon and eBay combined this year. It’s no wonder. Alibaba has a pipeline to China, the world’s manufacturer of everything from garden sprayers to small cheap computers. China has hundreds of OEMs who can produce thousands of whatevers weekly or monthly and they have their own brands or will rebrand as needed.
Check out some selected items:
- 8″ android tablet – minimum order quantity (MOQ) 50 units – supply ability 100K units per week
- Poly-crystalline Solar Panel – MOQ 100 pieces – US $ 0.68 – 0.74 / Wp
- 1.2v1000ah Alkaline battery nife battery – MOQ 1 – mass 73Kg
- Bulldozer – MOQ 1 – mass 17300Kg – 103 kw diesel power
- LED bulbs – MOQ 10 pieces – supply ability 100K pieces/month – $USD5.98 – 9W lifetime 50K hours
For those who like to shop on-line, Alibaba is paradise. Too bad about the freight, though. A fellow I know recently ordered a rifle scope. It was a pretty nice unit at 10% of our local retail prices and it came with a name-brand that was not published in the ad… So there are some complexities but Alibaba facilitates connections between the world and China (and other countries, too).
Want a 21 inch all-in-one PC with GNU/Linux for $387? MOQ 10 but Christmas is coming and they would make dandy gifts.