It’s about large business’ use of GNU/Linux. While that’s a niche market for GNU/Linux, it’s large and growing:
- 8 out of 10 “inivtation-only” respondents plan to spend more on GNU/Linux servers in the next five years while only 2 out of 10 plan to do that for that other OS,
- twice as many plan to use GNU/Linux rather than that other OS to deal with “big data” issues,
- those with technical problems preventing adoption of GNU/Linux dropped 20% compared with 2010. Now only 12% find technical obstacles,
- there has been an increase in contributions of code and bug reports,
- more than 2/3 see GNU/Linux as more secure than other operating systems.