Free Software just keeps growing. I had no idea how much until I poked around the site linked to the logo, above and found activities planned in Canada.
- Kitchener’s planning an InstallFest and other software give-aways.
- Montreal has two projects planned.
- The Linux User’s Group in Ottawa will be putting on displays and distributing software.
- The Pickering Public Library will host demonstrations of Free Software.
- In St. John’s, OSCanada provides fully open source IT services including unified communications.
- Even Winnipeg is having an event at SkullSpace with 3 FLOSS games and demonstrations.
It makes me feel I should be doing more… It’s interesting that some people are building FLOSS communities around non-profit organizations. That might fit with my connection to education. Perhaps a retirement project or gainful employment could be in there somewhere.
It’s a sure thing that Free Software is increasing its presence in Canada. Looking at the list of countries with projects planned I am impressed that every corner of the globe is represented.