Trump’s Health

In the face of the GOP’s apparent inability/disinterest in impeachment in 2018 and the lack of any movement in the cabinet to invoke the 25th Amendment, we are left only with Trump’s health or lack thereof and the Russian investigation to rid us of Trump’s treachery this year. I expect the Democrats will take over Congress in November so impeachment will be a good prospect for 2019. It’s still unclear whether or not the Russian investigations will bear fruit sooner.

On health, I am somewhat of an expert being nearly the same age and sex as Trump. I’m still not convinced we are the same species but we definitely have some of the same ailments. Like Trump, my doctor feels my heart is strong…

There were several points in Trump’s prognosis which attracted my attention, at first on my own knowledge of the matter, and subsequently on question from the news media:

• weight – I was surprised to learn Trump had only gained 3 pounds last year. Pictures of Trump during the campaign and today really show much more than that. I expected 40-50 pounds of increased weight. He does play golf a lot but he uses a golf-cart instead of burning calories and then tucks away multiple burgers and ice cream. I can gain 10 pounds over Christmas. A year of eating like Trump would put on way more. Related to weight is the BMI. Apparently, Trump has grown an inch in the last year to lower his BMI from the obese range by a hair. That is very convenient. Last year, Trump was the same height as Obama. I’m allowing an inch for the hair. Obama is 6 foot 1 inch. Like everything else, Trump lies about his height.
  • heart – Trump’s doctor went on about how Trump’s heart pumps blood and pronounced him in excellent health for his age. When Sanjay Gupta pointed out evidence of heart-disease, the doctor admitted there were signs and could not explain how that was excellent except to state other men likely show similar signs… and that old men can change their habits to prolong life. Like Trump loves to change. Yeah, right…
  • dementia – Clearly, Trump can function at a reasonable level cognitively to be POTUS but there have been many instances of obvious impairment/weakness/dithering to suggest closer inspection. Trump’s doctor stated he saw no such signs and would not have done a screening except Trump asked for it. The doctor even stated he had seen no sign of repetition in speech. I wonder what channel the doctor watches. Perhaps none. I think repetition is a routine part of Trump’s public unscripted utterances. Oh, yes, it’s a symptom of dementia. Trump has a few others like an inability to follow a reasoned argument and jumping from one contradiction to another in a short period of time, suspicions, confusion, etc. We’ve seen them all but the doctor has not. Clearly, there are two Trumps. That’s schizophrenia.

So, I wouldn’t bet Trump cashes in his chips this year but it’s possible. I’m going out for a 3 mile hike now so I don’t wind up like Trump.

This entry was posted in food, politics and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Trump’s Health

1. Deaf Spy says:

The existing line can make a Solo in 4h. That’s 24/d, 720/month.

You see, Robert, I can eat a meatball in 2 minutes. That’s 30/h, 720/d. For some reason I don’t do that.

2. Deaf Spy says:

Yeah, those massive fines in Europe from their tax shelters had nothing to do with their cash/jobs relocation…

Perhaps, but at the end it’s a win for US, and Trump can brag about it as much as he wants to.

3. Ivan says:

4. Kurkosdr wrote, “how does certification CA make an assembly line “.

The existing line can make a Solo in 4h. That’s 24/d, 720/month.

5. Grece says:

Tesla was cranking out 2000 a week two-years ago. Robert and his preposterous beliefs in thinking that EM is going to crank out a few hundred in a mere matter of months.

6. kurkosdr says:

Well, reports are that certification is happening real soon now, like any day. The standards have been met and it’s just paperwork remaining. I expect to have my Solo in a few months.

And how does certification CA make an assembly line capable of cranking out hundreds of units per month to appear out of thin air so all those people in front of you in the preorder chain get their vehicles, you senile old man?

7. Deaf Spy wrote, “are you at least dimly aware that corporations work for, gasp, profit?”

Apparently Trump and the GOP aren’t as they’ve been telling workers they will benefit greatly from tax-cuts. Profit for shareholders does not mean workers earn more. What’s the first thing that happens when profits dip? Workers are laid off. Pay is cut. Shareholders may take a small percentage cut in share value or dividends but the worker gets the axe. A recession is due in 2018/2019. Will Trump take the blame?

8. Deaf Spy says:

I’d say the workers are still being short-changed.

Robert, are you at least dimly aware that corporations work for, gasp, profit?

But, with the tax reform, Apple employees got something. It may not be all the benefit, and of course it will never be. But employees got a bundle, which was not there during the Dem rule.

9. Grece says:

I expect to have my Solo in a few months. Date: Jan 18th, 2018

I really expect to have my Solo in a few months. Date: Jan 18th, 2019

It’s happening! I expect to have my Solo in a few months. Date: Jan 18th, 2020

Next year, I expect to have my Solo in a few months. Date: Jan 18th, 2021

10. kurkosdr wrote, “you are not buying an EV, just pretending you will do some day”.

11. kurkosdr wrote, “As if this is something they ‘d want.” of GOP impeachment of Trump.

In 2018, it looks like GOP will lose control of Congress. A raft of their reps and sens are retiring and others are polling poorly. The folks who were conned by Trump into believing Congress was a swamp that needed to be drained are only too happy to stay home or vote D to finish that task. Trump may have a lock on some thoughtless types but many others are disgusted by his performance. Trump is not reliable, has no plan and is not their friend. It looks as though the Trump organization has had a long history of money-laundering for the Russians… So much for “no collusion”. He was on their payroll. Between helping himself, his rich friends, the Russians and playing golf Trump is doing nothing for his “base”.

12. kurkosdr says:

In the face of the GOP’s apparent inability/disinterest in impeachment in 2018

As if this is something they ‘d want. Trump managed to expand the GOP’s voter base beyond the usual Bible N’ Guns crowd while retaining most of the Bible N’Guns crowd as voters, which is something no Republican politician has managed to achieve since the age of Reagan. Even if they don’t like him (they probably don’t), they have to be blind to not see the gains for the GOP and try to impeach him instead.

we are left only with Trump’s health or lack thereof

Hallucinating again?

and the Russian investigation

I see that you have come to a conclusion before the end of the investigation, interesting.

to rid us of Trump’s treachery this year
    Trump is not your President, so I really can’t understand the ‘us’ part. Although when all those illegal immigrants from Sunni Islam poop-holes start imposing soft-Sharia in your country by harassing any people drinking in public and groping any women who dare dress to lightly by Islam’s standards while your property gets taxed to pay for the housing and benefits of those illegal immigrants, you may start wishing he was.

I expect the Democrats will take over Congress in November
    In the past, you used to expect that Hilary would win, that your Solo would have been delivered by now or in a few months from now and that Linux Desktop would have broken into the double digits of market share by now. Whatever crystal ball you are looking at is giving you inverse output.

so impeachment will be a good prospect for 2019
    If there is something that should get inside that increased-surface-strength skull of yours is that Americans respect the result of the elections so the Democrats won’t impeach a GOP president.

13. kurkosdr says:

If you do mean all of Canada, note that I’m buying a Canadian EV and plan to do some touring with it before I die. I’m also going to vote Green in the next election.

Your environment conscience certificate has been delivered, citizen.

And you are not buying an EV, just pretending you will do some day.

14. Deaf Spy wrote, “you can whine about Trump as much as you wish, but so far he is looking forward to become one successful president”.

So, Apple brings back many $billions, pays workers ~$1billion, invests ~$2billion and pays the rest to shareholders. I’d say the workers are still being short-changed. How many of the $trillions that are being repatriated just go to making the rich richer? I wonder how happy these workers will be when their grand children are still repaying the deficit Trump created.

15. Deaf Spy says:

Btw, due to Trump’s tax reform, Apple are bringing back cash and opening new jobs:

Robert, you can whine about Trump as much as you wish, but so far he is looking forward to become one successful president. He is restoring the US economy Obama and Dems suffocated with their regulations and spending.

16. Ivan wrote, “One crazy Canadian ignoring problems in his own back yard”.

Nope. My backyard is the last frontier here. I’ve planted apples, plums, oaks, pines, maples, caragana, and grapes but they have yet to cast much of a shadow. When the new sewer is hooked up the soil should improve sooner or later and it will be quite a forest. I plan to plant a bunch of squash in the area between the trees until they do cast shadows.

17. Grece says:

Hillary Clinton drinks, has suffered concussions, collapsed last year on 9/11, currently has broken foot… HEALTHY!

Trump doesn’t drink, no concussions, doesn’t collapse… ONE FOOT IN THE GRAVE!!!

18. Grece says:

Pogson gone off on the deep end, all this blog talks about is Trump this and Trump that! The era of Arm and Linux has died with Roberts incessant whining over things in another country.

19. Ivan says:

One crazy Canadian ignoring problems in his own back yard to interfere with American politics…