Second Solo EV Delivered

Good fun! To all the naysayers out there, driving electric is smart. There’s another guy enjoying smooth emission-free driving. He has a “prestige” plate too. Great minds think alike or differently…

This entry was posted in technology and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Second Solo EV Delivered

1. Grece wrote, ” There is no way in hell Jerry is going to pump out 500+ units in a single-year.”

Sure they can: hire three shifts (working six days a week) of assemblers and have that line run 24×6 cranking out several cars per day. Done.

2. Grece says:

The latest word is Q4 of 2018, not 2025.

How do you reckon? There is no way in hell Jerry is going to pump out 500+ units in a single-year.

I’m disappointed

GOOD! Maybe it will teach you something. However, I seriously doubt this, as you are as stubborn as an ox.

it might inspire me to buy a Leaf in the interim.

See, that’s what we have been attempting to convey to you for over a year.

I haven’t decided yet.

Time is money Robert, quit dicking around.

Eventually the SUV will have to go.

Over TLW’s body…she wears the pants Robert! Don’t cross her streams, as life as you know it will stop instantaneously and every molecule in your body will explode at the speed of light.

A Leaf is a better replacement than no EV at all.

DUH!

3. Grece wrote, “It’s all good, that you won’t receive your Bolo, no less than 2025?”

The latest word is Q4 of 2018, not 2025. I’m disappointed by that and it might inspire me to buy a Leaf in the interim. I haven’t decided yet. Eventually the SUV will have to go. A Leaf is a better replacement than no EV at all. I’m working on TLW…

4. Grece says:

It’s all good, that you won’t receive your Bolo, no less than 2025?

5. Kurkosdr wrote, “gullible people like Pog funded the production of the limited-run vehicles so they will maybe receive a vehicle 4-20 years from now, if EMV doesn’t run out of money in the meantime”.

EMV recently reported they have 563 reservations for Solo. That means they have been refunding some reservation fees, not using them for production. They’ve invested $millions in the project, not the $thousands available from reservations. It also means, I may be closer to receiving delivery than I thought as dropouts move my order up in priority. It’s all good.

6. Grece wrote, “We’re already at ~$15K with labor added”.

Not even close. EMV buys wholesale. With efficient freight their cost can be 1/3 to 1/2 those numbers. Mine was, just for one unit. Imagine the costs for hundreds of units. Full containers are possible and they are very efficient.

7. Grece says:

Add in the electric motor and controller: $4-5K
    1800 18650 lithium cells: $5.4K

We’re already at ~$15K with labor added. Electra Meccanica sure does have a stockpile of tires though!

8. Kurkosdr says:

I don’t know if it classifies as a Ponzi scheme, what I kmow is that gullible people like Pog funded the production of the limited-run vehicles so they will maybe receive a vehicle 4-20 years from now, if EMV doesn’t run out of money in the meantime. I would like to know the real production costs of the vehicles, once the costs of custom-ordering all the non-generic parts and the cost of labour (we are talking about hand-cobbled vehicles here with bodywork adjustments done on the production like and a two-week per vehicle production time) and the cost of the generic parts are factored in. Assuming 8 people on the assembly line, each one of those vehicles carries a $4000 cost on labour alone.

Is this a Ponzi scheme? Ponzi schemes work on the pretence of investment so I don’t know. It is a terrifically bad use of one’s hard-earned $250 that’s for sure.

Ah yes, Dragon’s Den. A scant few weeks ago, Robert, you were boasting about the difference that Dragon’s Den will make to this preposterous Ponzi scheme. This is the first time you’ve bothered to mention Dragon’s Den again.

May we take it that, come the day, you will just for once put your creepy snivelling self-hypnotising drivel to one side and publish a blog article on precisely what Dragon’s Den thinks of the … thing?

I’m sure it will be peachy. All good. Chuckle.

10. Grece puts out more FAKE NEWS when he wrote, “the original four that was made last year”.

What four? EMV has made 15 or so by my count in the last year. Remember the prototypes with one door? The machines that went to the lab, Dragons’ Den, and China? When it was made makes no difference at all as long as it’s to spec, certified and not worn out by test-drivers. EMV made it and delivered it to a customer.

11. Grece says:

YAWN Seriously, people are so easily duped. This second vehicle is the one of the original four that was made last year.

Rolls-eyes

Inform me when they have been shipping ten a month for six months.

12. Kurkosdr wrote, “Allow me to remind you again that you funded this limited run of cobbled-together big-wheels for a car you may get when you are too old to drive.”

Thanks. It’s my honour.

13. Kurkosdr wrote, “Oh, I said “car” though it’s not one, neither technically nor legally.”

“Automobile Au”to*mo*bile`, n. [F.] a self-propelled vehicle used for transporting passengers, suitable for use on a street or roadway. Many different models of automobiles have been built and sold commercially, possessing varied features such as a retractable roof (in a convertible), different braking systems, different propulsion systems, and varied styling. Most models have four wheels but some have been built with three wheels. Automobiles are usually propelled by internal combustion engines (using volatile inflammable liquids, as gasoline or petrol, alcohol, naphtha, etc.), and sometimes by steam engines, or electric motors. The power of the driving motor varies from under 50 H. P. for earlier models to over 200 H.P. larger models or high-performance sports or racing cars. An automobile is commonly called a car or an auto, and generally in British usage, motor cars.”

Sounds like a Solo to me, assuming the driver is a passenger.

“A traveler by some established conveyance”.

Yes, that sounds like the driver of a Solo, me for sure. Obviously, Solo EVs are legal on the roads of British Columbia, judging by the licensing plates on the vehicles 1 & 2 that have been sold recently.

14. Kurkosdr says:

Oh, I said “car” though it’s not one, neither technically nor legally.

15. Kurkosdr says: