OMG! Here’s A List Of Foods I Mostly Like!

“A new study calculates how much climate-warming pollution is created by food production, and red meat comes through as the worst offender.”

See These are the most climate-damaging foods
OMG! I love 8 of the ten foods listed:

1. beef, – one of my favourites but we also love venison and have a year’s supply in the freezer
  2. lamb, – too greasy if you ask me
  3. butter, Yes! Love it on fresh bread, mashed potatoes, in cookies, on asparagus…
  4. shellfish, – Yes! I’ve collected mussels in the wild. Love the taste and productivity.
  5. cheese, – OMG! Yes! One of my favourite sinful foods.
  6. asparagus, – This vegetable actually enjoys living in my garden. It’s about the only vegetable I can reliably grow there, except lettuce.
  7. pork, – TLW loves pork chops and so do I. Ham is great too.
  8. veal, – Too expensive if you ask me.
  9. chicken, – Nice and easy to chew but rather tasteless compared to
  10. turkey – I would buy 12 when they are in season but TLW is not fond of it (Dry, she says.) and the freezer is not large enough.

I’m all for treating the environment kindly but when it comes to choice of food, I’ll stick with hammering infernal combustion vehicles as a source of CO2 we can live without. The CO2 produced in the production of cattle is absorbed by the grass they eat, after all. It’s recycled annually unlike fossil fuels which put CO2 in the bank millions of years ago when dinosaurs roamed Earth. Unless we want an Earth where dinosaurs feel comfortable we should cut way back on burning fossil fuels. Asparagus is less expensive than beef when you grow it in your garden as I do but it’s hard to live on asparagus alone whereas beef will keep one well/overly nourished. Besides, I’m diabetic and I need lots of protein rather than carbohydrates to keep my internal chemistry in balance. So, I’ll continue to eat meat/cheese/shellfish, lots of it.

This entry was posted in food, horticulture and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to OMG! Here’s A List Of Foods I Mostly Like!

1. Grece says:

ROLLS-EYES

Maybe it had something to do with the notion that the EPA study was fundamentally flawed and the data was cherry-picked.

Judge Osteen worked for big tobacco…LOL??

Let me get this straight, the very same judge that said that has a history of siding with the government on tobacco cases, and the same judge that ruled the FDA had the authority to regulate tobacco.

Robert, I dare say that you ideals are almost just as bad as Fifi’s.

2. Grece says:

That’s all good Robert, but where are the smoking and/or cigarette ads?

3. Grece wrote, ” I do not seen the Fraser Institute promoting smoking and/or cigarette ads. “

See Second-Hand Smoke and Cancer where TFI took the trouble to explain why the EPA’s classification of cigarette smoke was carcinogenic was wrong rather then doing anything to encourage healthy living in Canada. The court decision by a judge who worked for big tobacco TFI relied upon was overturned on appeal a couple of years later.

4. Grece says:

If the sponsors are: big tobacco, big lumber, Koch. What are the alleged benefits?

For example, I do not seen the Fraser Institute promoting smoking and/or cigarette ads.

They are not my kind of people.

Neither are Mohammedan’s, but I digress.

They also promote non-public education.

So you prefer government education over private, free-market? Isn’t that directly opposite in your beliefs on government and corporate monopolies vs the free-market, that you so tirelessly promote in computer software/hardware?

5. Old Bill says:

“never had to wait anywhere near 20 weeks”

What is nice about the Canadian system is that it can control costs as well as provide service where needed. Things that can be put off for 20 weeks can likely be put off even longer. If they result in a painful wait, the voting public can shorten the wait time by agreeing to pay more tax for higher levels of service. There is a leveling effect in the system when their is a single payer who is answerable to the voters.

Critical care of a non-emergency nature, such as cancer treatments do not have such long delays in the Canadian system, I see from the study. Maybe you have to wait 20 weeks for your colostomy, but no one complains.

I think that the single-payer/insurer is somewhat superior to the NHS structure in that the providers are vendors to the state rather than employees, so competitive bidding and a need to please customers is present. Canada did it the right way.

6. Grece wrote, of TFI, “What agenda is that Robert?”

Sponsors have included:

• big tobacco
    • big lumber
    • Koch

They are not my kind of people. They also promote non-public education.

7. Grece says:

Pissing off lazy entitlement parasites is not an agenda Robert, that’s a reaction and response to the subject matter written about.

Their main goal is to educate the masses, when was the last time you educated the masses?

8. Grece wrote, of The Fraser Institute, “No hidden agenda to see” and then proved himself wrong: “appears that they create reports that piss the lazy entitlement parasites off in Canada”.

9. Grece says:

So, take TFI with a grain of salt. They have an agenda.

What agenda is that Robert?

Since they have been around 1974, what does that tell you?

They are an independent, non-partisan research and educational organization. No hidden agenda to see.

Are you wearing your tinfoil hat Robert?

The Fraser Institute produces research about government actions in areas that deeply affect Canadians’ quality of life such as taxation, health care, aboriginal issues, education, economic freedom, energy, natural resources and the environment.

The think tank has been around for over forty years and appears that they create reports that piss the lazy entitlement parasites off in Canada. Sounds like you doesn’t Robert?

10. Grece quoted the Fraser Institute: “Specialist physicians surveyed report a median waiting time of 20.0 weeks between referral from a general practitioner and receipt of treatment”.

I’ve been referred to specialists several times in my life and never had to wait anywhere near 20 weeks. It was 3h for my broken leg and most of that time was transportation. It was a couple of weeks for my urologist and that was mostly snail mail. The longest wait for me was for a “sleep study”. That took a few weeks. Lab referrals are usually same day or next. My fastest result after cutting a finger badly was stitching at Emergency and back home in an hour. I’ve heard of people with broken bones having to wait hours but I’ve never seen it. I choose to live in places where healthcare is universal and efficient and fast. My personal physician is often 15-20 minutes late for an appointment but he’s always busy and provides great service. He also teaches other doctors.

So, take TFI with a grain of salt. They have an agenda.

11. Grece truncated my comment: “USA is screwed up in having a healthcare system that allows insurance and pharmaceuticals to profit”

12. Grece says:

So to you, it is bad that companies make a profit?

What about the stockholders, they are not allowed to make a profit off their portfolio?

You cant have a unprofitable company Robert, and have stockholders making a profit. I honestly think your portfolio that you brag about, is nonexistent. You just spend your pension money on junk and live of the TLW’s paycheck.

13. Grece says:

In an emergency, it could be minutes.

Robert, are you just as dense as Fifi? I said a specialist, not a ER doctor. You don’t go visit the emergency room for toenail fungus, you schedule an appointment with a specialist for treatment.

For the usual stuff, a few days.

Robert you are such a liar.

14. Grece, showing supreme ignorance, wrote, “How long does it take to see a specialist Robert? Months??”

In an emergency, it could be minutes. For the usual stuff, a few days. There are occasions where some specialty/treatment/diagnostic service are not available locally, but the same is likely true in USA in many locations. I’ve never had a problem with Medicare. I once broke my leg in the Arctic and the right guy was not on duty locally so I was flown to Edmonton, Alberta for surgery and home to Winnipeg for recuperation. My only out of pocket expenses were the ambulance, the flight to Winnipeg and my costs for transportation locally. I eve had the loan of a wheelchair for five months. I’ve had a couple of other injuries that got attention in minutes and all of this was quite satisfactory.

USA is screwed up in having a healthcare system that allows insurance and pharmaceuticals to profit like bandits while many cannot afford healthcare. USA spends twice as much per capita as Canada and gets much less coverage per capita. Why are insurance companies involved when countries can be self-insured? That’s just a waste of money.

15. Grece says:

Universal Robert?

Let’s see, the Canadian government decides what are medically necessary procedures and those procedures are covered by universal health insurance, free at the point of delivery.

The Canadian government then sets a budget and that determines how much health care the province can pay for each year. Residents cannot go outside the system and pay for their own medically-necessary treatments, unless they want to travel to another country.

So if someone got cancer, and are in their 70’s well, sorry to say, but I doubt Canada will assist. A person that has money can go across borders to America, pay for treatment and solve the problem.

So if you’re sick Robert and you want to pay for treatment, you aren’t allowed to. Even though it’s your own money and there is a doctor willing to accept it per your countries laws.

How long does it take to see a specialist Robert? Months??

Also, lets consider this universal healthcare in the economic sense. Your largest province is projected to see health-care costs soar to the point where they will consume 80% of the entire provincial budget by 2030. Add that in with all the refugees coming on-board, I dare that your system of healthcare will be bankrupt in short order.

16. Grece wrote, “I think you secretly wished you lived in America so you can enjoy the freedoms we have.”

Like the freedom to go bankrupt for cancer or heart-attack? I’ll pass on that. Universal Medicare is freedom for us. Not fearing gunfire on my block is freedom. I don’t even have a current passport lest I succumb to an impulse to hunt ‘gators or hogs. It’s enough to see USA wallowing in the gutter on CNN.

17. Grece says:

Robert, you have a hard-on for Trump admit it. I think you secretly wished you lived in America so you can enjoy the freedoms we have.

18. Grece wrote, “Trump was accused of interactions by the left, with no evidence whatsoever.”

Well, if Obama knew stuff and did nothing and so colluded, Trump knows what the Russians did just as well or better and still did nothing, so he colluded too. See? Trump is more guilty than Obama because he knew more about what the Russians did and what his team did with the Russians. Why isn’t Trump bombing Russian cyber-warfare installations? Why isn’t Trump attacking Russian computer systems? Why isn’t Trump kicking Russians out of Ukraine and Syria? Why is Trump trying to water down the upcoming sanctions bill in the Congress? Why did Trump invite Russians into the Oval Office and boast to them that he got rid of the director of the FBI to reduce the pressure? He’s as guilty as sin.

19. Grece says:

Robert, you are obfuscating the issue. Obama was notified by the CIA, AND DID NOTHING! Trump was accused of interactions by the left, with no evidence whatsoever. HUGE difference I would say.

In fact, lets look at what Trump said, “The reason that President Obama did NOTHING about Russia after being notified by the CIA of meddling is that he expected Clinton would win … and did not want to ‘rock the boat.’ He didn’t ‘choke,’ he colluded or obstructed, and it did the Dems and Crooked Hillary no good,”

He’s going to a meeting soon to receive a medal from Putin.

Was that a brain-fart Robert? Just a useless, trivial piece of information, that has no bearing to the discussion.

20. Grece wrote, “The Russian collusion is a big nothing burger”.

Well, Trump accused Obama of colluding with the Russians by doing nothing and now he’s doing the same. He’s going to a meeting soon to receive a medal from Putin.

21. Grece says:

I think if Congress can’t find Russian collusion enough for impeachment they should just impeach him for bad behaviour. That’s a misdemeanour, eh?

The Russian collusion is a big nothing burger Robert, CNN even agrees.

Do tell us, how Trump would be impeached. What crimes has or will he commit?

22. Old Bill wrote, “They call it “alternate facts”!”

Yeah, things like “I don’t like it that Trump lies and sets bad examples for the kids” and “I like it that Trump tells it like it is” almost in the same breath. What’s with that? Even TLW has a love-hate relationship with Trump. She would be all over any grand kid exhibiting Trump’s behaviour yet thinks Trump is a “winner”, as if that makes it all right…

23. Old Bill says:

“silly beliefs”

They call it “alternate facts”!

24. CNN Fake NEWS wrote, “nearly fifty percent of the followers on CNN’s verified Twitter account are fake.”

How many of Trump’s twitter followers are real, eh? Give me a break. I’ve seen some interviewed on CNN and I’m still not convinced that real people can hold such silly beliefs.

25. Still reading CNN Robert? May I remind you that according to TwitterAudit.com, nearly fifty percent of the followers on CNN’s verified Twitter account are fake.

26. Grece says:

Don’t be a food denier Robert! Thank of your grand-kids..

27. Kurkosdr says:

So… pork annoys the Greenies on top of annoying the Muslims. Now all that’s needed is for pork to start annoying leftists somehow and it will be World’s Best Meat.

Pass on the Gyro…