Contemptuous Trump

“The opinion of this so-called judge, which essentially takes law-enforcement away from our country, is ridiculous and will be overturned!”

See Trump slams judge’s halt of travel ban
Trump’s Tweet about the judge, not the judge’s ruling, is obviously contemptuous. Washington’s attorney-general should immediately seek a finding of contempt and the court should order jail-time. POTUS obviously can pay any fine too easily. He needs to spend time away from his residence in less comfortable accommodations.

This entry was posted in politics and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to Contemptuous Trump

1. dougman wrote, “Muslims are not a race Pogsey. Your lack of understanding is disturbing.”

Why would you suspect I was confused about that?

Muslims are not a race Pogsey. Your lack of understanding is disturbing.

3. dougman wrote, “why do you repeatedly call Trump’s Executive Order a Muslim ban, when it wasn’t.”

Skullface/Giuliani used the term. He said Trump asked for a way to accomplish that goal. Constitutionally, it’s the effect that matters, not just the particular words used to accomplish the goal. Trump has publicly stated he wants to give preference to Christians. He wrote the order or at least signed it.

Further, the order clearly gives preferences to “religious minorities”, that means anybody but Muslims from these countries.
    “to prioritize refugee claims made by individuals on the basis of religious-based persecution, provided that the religion of the individual is a minority religion in the individual’s country of nationality.”

So, there you have it, religious discrimination. For the most part, Syrians are fleeing war not religious persecution but the Christian minority government is definitely persecuting Muslims and Christians but Trump would ban all refugees based on a measley count of 50K. Meanwhile Canada has taken in 22K refugees and is 10X smaller population. That makes no sense. Are USAians 10X poorer, nastier, fearsome? I doubt that. It’s just a number he pulled out of a dark place to block refugees, vetting or no vetting.

Pogsey, going on some fanatical ranting, pointed out that “How evil were you at 2 years of age? Planned any murders? Had any such concept?”

My point in response was simply state that terrorists use children for terror attacks. Now Pogsey wants to murder children, using Bible verses as examples of doctrine and on top of that laughs about the very notion.

Pogsey, why do you repeatedly call Trump’s Executive Order a Muslim ban, when it wasn’t. The word ‘Muslim” was not written in the text of the order, to date you have not pointed it out for us. You use the lame excuse that someone said it was called that, it would be analogous to calling Planned Parenthood, an abortion ban, when in fact it is not.

5. dougman wrote, “it’s been documented that 7 year old girls are being used as bombers for terrorists.”

OMG! This is an emergency! Let’s kill all 7 year old girls immediately…[SARCASM] Oh, that was tried before, Pharaoh ordered all the little Jewish boys killed. It didn’t work back then either. Moses survived. Same with the Wall, banning Muslims or just about any other crackpot idea of Trump.

Exodus Chapter 1 Verse 22:
    “And Pharaoh charged all his people, saying, Every son that is born ye shall cast into the river, and every daughter ye shall save alive.”

Pogsey, maybe you forget, you are old you know, but it’s been documented that 7 year old girls are being used as bombers for terrorists.

“Do you not understand English, specifically, what “not” means? If it’s not murder, it’s not murder.”

Pogsey, attempted murder is an act of murder not completed. So, if someone “attempts” but otherwise fails, then they are not culpable to the crime to begin with in your eyes. So continuing this logic further, attempting rape is not rape. Attempting robbery is not robbery.

Attempted murder occurs where a person commits an act that constitutes and “attempt” in law, and where the person intents to cause death (murder). “Attempt” in law means an act or omission that goes beyond mere preparation.

Even Blacks Dictionary, defines attempt as – An effort or endeavor to accomplish a crime, amounting to more than mere preparation or planning for it, and which, if not prevented, would have resulted in the full consummation of the act attempted, but which, in fact, does not bring to pass the party’s ultimate design.

You should have become a lawyer, you would make a killing, pun intended, with that logic, not that a jury would agree with you however.

I swear, I think your mind is slipping. Between weenie boards, electric tricycles, fantasy gardening and agreeing with Fifi, you;re prognosis looks rather bleek. I would recommend an evaluation, but to see a specialist in Canada takes two months at best.

8. dougman wrote, “attempted murder isn’t murder”.

So, in your opinion, attempted murder isn’t murder, but Murder is murder. I would enjoy you trying to explain your faulty logic with that belief to a sitting judge.

‘Sorry your honor, that snowmobiler had it coming. I warned him repeatedly, over and over, but they were not listening. I decided to fix his hiney, and laid some traps for him. Its not my fault that he rode over my property, crashing into some boulders and impaled himself on some hidden punji stakes. NOPE!..not my problem’

10. You seem to be missing the fact that he didn’t cause the death of anyone. He injured several people.

11. dougman wrote, “Never even mentioned that fact, you did.”

You ignored that fact. Why do you choose ignorance in order to make the other facts fit your world-view?

12. dougman wrote, “in your socialistic mindset, attempted murder, or perhaps premeditated murder is less of importance, than say out right murder? Just because no one died, you think its ok?”

I didn’t say that. It’s just that attempted murder is survivable. Murder isn’t. Again, he was 2 when he came to USA. Immigration didn’t make him a terrorist. USA did.

Again, one anecdote of something going wrong in a rare situation is not any basis for making a policy affecting many thousands of people and hundreds of businesses and organizations negatively. What were those families with members on two continents supposed to do. In one case, it was a baby awaiting treatment while the parents were back in Iraq. There was no issue of terror at all just breaking up a family. Thousands of students came from Iran and were in many stages of their education. Why punish the innocent by wrecking their lives? It was all so unnecessary and counter-productive. The obvious huge economic advantages to this flow of humanity compared to the mere possibility of a few bad instances is obvious to thinking people. We take risks getting out of bed. We take risks staying in bed. Usually we get out of bed.

“NOTE THE “murder” part. ”

So, in your socialistic mindset, attempted murder, or perhaps premeditated murder is less of importance, than say out right murder? Just because no one died, you think its ok? Murder, whether a victim died or not, is still murder.

I do not know where your warped mind lays at night, but murder is legally defined by your Canadian Criminal Code R.S.C., 1985, c. C-46 Section 239 Subsection (c): where a person, for an unlawful object, does anything that he knows or ought to know is likely to cause death, and thereby causes death to a human being, notwithstanding that he desires to effect his object without causing death or bodily harm to any human being.

I don’t know about you, but using a 2-ton motorized wheeled-vehicle, to plow into a group of people is not likely to produce a livable outcome for the people being run over. Look to Nice, France, if you think otherwise.

Also, by reading this murder’s letters, you can see established intent and malice aforethought.

March 10, 2006

Amber Rupinta
    111 Liberty St.
    Durham, NC 27701

In the name of Allah, the merciful the compassionate

Dear Ms. Rupinta:

I’ve included a visitor’s application. I left a one page letter for the police in the bedroom of my apartment at 303 Smith Level Rd. A-34 but in brief;

I live with the holy Koran as my constitution for right and wrong and definition of injustice.

The Koran also spelled Quran is a scientific and mathematical miracle so there can be no doubt that it is from a supernatural source, i.e. Allah the creator and controller of all things. Those who follow the Koran, i.e. the truth, are members of one family, as the Koran states. Allah in the Koran gives permission for those who follow Allah to attack those who have waged war against them, with the expectation of eternal paradise in case of martyrdom and/or the living of one’s life in obedience of all of Allah’s commandments found throughout the Koran’s 114 chapters.

I’ve read all 114 chapters about 20 times since June of 2003 when I started reading the Koran. The U.S. government is responsible for the deaths and torture of countless followers of Allah, my brothers and sisters. My attack on Americans at UNC-CH March 3, was in retaliation for similar attacks orchestrated by the U.S. government on my fellow followers of Allah in Iraq, Afghanistan, Palestine, Saudi Arabia and other Islamic territories. I did not act out of hatred for America but out of love for Allah instead. I live only to serve Allah by obeying all of his commandments of which I am aware by reading and learning the contents of the Koran.

I would be glad to have an on-camera interview.

Sincerely

Mohammed Taheri-azar

Please note, the sentence about “I did not act out of hatred for America but out of love for Allah”

3/10/2006

Mohammad Reza Taheri-Azar
    T328156
    1300 Western Blvd.
    Raleigh, NC 27606

In the name of Allah, the Merciful, the Compassionate

Dear Ms. Velliquette;

To get right to the point, I will answer each of your questions:

The Koran, the truth from Allah, the creator of all things, dictates in numerous places, e.g. Chapter “Muhammad,” that Allah’s followers have permission to attack these who have waged war against them, with eternal paradise as an expected reward so long as Allah’s followers abide by all commandments listed throughout the Koran. The fact that the Koran is a scientific and mathematic miracle proves that it is from a supernatural source.

Judging by the U.S. government’s continuing invasions and killing of my fellow followers of Allah in Islamic territories in the Middle East, even after the deaths of more than 1,000 U.S. soldiers, I concluded that I didn’t want to attack in the Middle East since there would likely be no significant change in the U.S. government’s military presence in Islamic territories.

I therefore decided to attack within the U.S. borders, hoping that the U.S. government would understand that my fellow followers of Allah will do everything necessary to defeat our enemies, even giving up a college degree from UNC Chapel Hill, as I did myself.

I have no hatred for anyone. I only act out of love for Allah and I never hesitate to do as Allah has commanded in the Koran, which I have read all 114 chapters of approximately 15 times now, beginning in June 2003.

In response to the 9/11/2001 attacks, I have always believed that the U.S. government should have immediately seeked peace instead of war.

I discussed my plans with no one but Allah when I prayed to him in the days prior to March 3rd.

I turned myself in to assure the world that I wasn’t some insane person who went on a killing rampage suddenly.

With Allah’s help, I am prepared and will be prepared for a life sentence. I only fear and only respect Allah.

Please see to it that this letter is broadcast throughout the world in its entirety.

Sincerely yours,

Mohammad Taheri-Azar

I rest my case.

” 2 year old immigrants.”

Never even mentioned that fact, you did.

15. dougman wrote, “Driving a car into a crowd, in a attempt to murder them is nothing I would EVER laugh about.”

I didn’t laugh at that but your fear of 2 year old immigrants.

16. dougman wrote, “Well, you did ask for the name of “one terrorist who came from the afflicted 7 countries since 9/11””.

No. I asked, “Name one terrorist who came from the afflicted 7 countries since 9/11 and did murder in USA”.

NOTE THE “murder” part. Your guy did no murder although he certainly tried. He didn’t do murder. He certainly didn’t enter the country with that in mind either. So, he’s irrelevant to this issue, refugees/immigrants from the 7 countries as far as existential threats. Further, USA is a huge powerful diverse country. You could let in 1000 hardcore terrorists and it would not destroy USA, although it would do some damage. Live with it like you live with lightning, floods, tornadoes… Insanity and anger are just another two natural phenomenae that you can’t keep out by writing an order.

I submitted a name, of which, you ridicule and laugh at terrorist act, and then you have the pompous self aggrandizing gall to compare it to a two-year old child? That’s low.

Makes me wonder how many of your neighbors would be-interested to know, that their corner lot neighbor is a socialist, always bitching and whining over Trump and has the lack of compassion for life in general. Driving a car into a crowd, in a attempt to murder them is nothing I would EVER laugh about.

18. dougman wrote, “Only you would laugh at such travesty Pogsey, have you no heart?”

How evil were you at 2 years of age? Planned any murders? Had any such concept?

Well, you asked and I provided. He came from Iran and wanted to kill in the name of Islam.

Only you would laugh at such travesty Pogsey, have you no heart?

20. “no one was killed in the terror ramming attack, nine people were injured (none seriously)

Although Taheri-azar was born in Tehran, the capital of Iran, he is a naturalized U.S. citizen who moved to the United States at the age of two. He grew up in the Charlotte, North Carolina area, where he lived with his mother and younger and older sisters.”

Yeah, those Iranians start terrorism early… [EXTREME SARCASM!!!]

New movie in the works. Tom Hanks is playing the judge James L. Robart in an “in production” movie set for a 2018 release called: Mohammed’s Hope.

Mohammed Reza Taheri-Azar

23. dougman wrote, “Really Pogsey?”

Yes, really. Name one terrorist who came from the afflicted 7 countries since 9/11 and did murder in USA. There have been none. Obama decided that there is a risk that could happen and tightened up screening. Trump has gone way beyond any reasonable threat all the way into paranoia and mob rule. Do you stop driving your car while you’re shopping for new tires? Do young men stop dating while looking for a bride? Do you fast between trips to the grocery? No, so why does Trump want to stop all refugees, immigrants and visitors while deciding how to tighten up vetting? That’s just not reasonable. He hasn’t even determined that the present system of vetting needs tightening.

“Trump is having a lot of cases of foot in mouth and really need to stop before it something really serous or if it intentional foot in mouth the USA public should work it out at some point that Trump had no interest in doing particular things but is say the other way.”

LOL….Ham-dong the magnificent!

Badly packages applications exist. Depending how built Yes it would be better at long last has agreed to sit down and work Ok it would be nicer

“no terrorists since 9/11”

Really Pogsey?…REALLY??

I think the cold weather is affecting your brain.

26. dougman wrote, “The judge is obviously a radical. Instead of locking the doors to your home for 90-days, this judge opens all the windows and doors”.

Nonsense. He’s a conservative and knows unconstitutionality when he sees it. The judge did not open any doors. He just put things back the way they were. That’s what conservatives do. The status quo is that immigrants or refugees or travellers undergo some vetting to get a visa. It’s been taking years for refugees. What more do you want? “extreme vetting” as Trump desires is the same as a ban. There’s no threat to speak of so no ban is constitutional. 700K visas and no terrorists since 9/11… You can’t reasonably hold that the door is wide open.

The judge is obviously a radical. Instead of locking the doors to your home for 90-days, this judge opens all the windows and doors, letting in people from the same countries previously identified by the Obama administration as sources of terror.

This was issued by a Federal judge in the 9th Circuit, so the DOJ will file for an emergency stay of the order and appeal to the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals, who can affirm the EO and thereby overturn this lower court

The 9th Circuit court is controlled by left wing judges that perform activism from the bench. Stating “black lives matter, pro bono work for refugees and other silly nonsense.

28. oiaohm wrote, “If Trump didn’t like the courts ruling against his executive order the correct thing to do was to appeal..”

He also had the options to rescind his order or make another acceptable order like tightening up screening for his buddies’ countries as well. Those would be too reasonable for him. He’s a stupid choice for POTUS. He could also have added more detail on what should happen to already granted visas and green cards, but that’s not his style. He thinks being clumsy and coarse and vague are figures of merit. They aren’t.

The fundamental question is what to do about murdering bastards that want to come to USA to murder/terrorize. A ban on visas even temporarily does nothing for such crazies. They will find another way. Meanwhile thousands of decent good people are jerked around for no benefit and often a lot of harm. Trump is being his own brand of terrorist.

Sure, tighten up screening but that’s a vanishing return as the current process has worked and takes years. Government has to be reasonable. There has to be some cost/benefit analysis and messing with ~100K issued visas has a lot of harm for zero benefit. Trump hasn’t answered the question of why there has to be a halt to issuing visas for a review to take place. That’s a leap of logic when there isn’t an identified stream of bad guys coming in. 700K visas and zero terrorists… Does Trump feel unlucky? Nope. He just wants to find a bureaucratic way to mess with Muslims and he doesn’t mind messing with a few non-Muslims in the process.

Really some of trump appointed people are Contemptuous.

Come on how hard it is to say the Australian prime-misters name. Turn-Bull is really straight forwards. Its not like Sean Spicer has done only once. So far no formal apology.

DrLoser is not indirect contempt but in fact direct contempt of court. As Trump is a direct effected party of the ruling he was one that drafted the order and legally has the right of appeal against ruling.

Government write the laws then courts rule on laws if they are enforceable. This is part of separation of power. If Trump did not like the courts ruling against his executive order the correct thing was to appeal as an effected party. So a judge could take a order against Trump contempt for attempting to bias public against the court for a future possible appeal. Yes Trump stupidity might have lost all right of appeal to the courts ruling so effectively making the executive order nothing more than scrap paper.

This is a case that Trump staff should have said this stuff not the President of the USA. The President have staff like the security of state who could have said thing as so call personal options against the court ruling and those would have been classed as indirect contempt and not interfere with possible appeals process.

Here is something to consider. Lets say the executive order was nothing more than a smoke screen that Trump only want to put up to make the people who vote for him happy. In that case make the order bad so it beating by a court then complain about the order when its kicked so it cannot have an appeal so he never has to in fact enforce what he promised and gets to blame the courts instead of being truthful that the order had no chance. So Trump actions match for someone who never wanted the order enforced in the first place.

30. DrLoser wrote, “It would be indirect contempt at best”.

I don’t know. It was Trump’s order…

You’ve pretty much jumped the shark on this one, haven’t you, Robert?

It would be indirect contempt at best, and good luck trying to justify that, even on its own merits.

And then again, of course, there’s always the First Amendment … not that you have ever really been a fan of free speech, unless it’s by somebody who slavishly agrees with you.