“We’re concerned about the impact of this order and any proposals that could impose restrictions on Googlers and their families, or that could create barriers to bringing great talent to the US. We’ll continue to make our views on these issues known to leaders in Washington and elsewhere.”
See How Silicon Valley Is Reacting To Trump’s Refugee BanThere is a simple and effective solution for Web 2.0 firms distressed by the unpredictable harmful effects of Trumpism. Move to Canada.
There are many advantages:
- We are neither afraid of immigrants nor refugees. Canadians are lining up to foster Syrian refugees today. Literate, educated professionals could probably be admitted en bloc by the Canadian Government to minimize disruption. Scan your Google/etc. ID and print out Landed Immigrant papers. Phone Pierre Trudeau and arrange a meeting. Stay in good hotels until you’ve built your campuses with integrated housing and recreational facilities next to pristine wilderness or the city of your choice.
- We have lots of space, trees, fish and game, clean air, good water and cheap energy.
- We are not afraid of renewable energy nor ARM processors nor GNU/Linux.
- We have universal MediCare. It’s single-payer and it works.
- Trump is not our elected leader nor tyrant. We are free people.
Welcome to Canada!