“The Syrian rebels say weapons and ammunition are what they need most”see BBC News – Syria conflict: John Kerry extends US aid to rebels.
Come on Kerry! The time for sending food and medicing was two years ago when Assad began to slaughter civilians wholesale. That was the time to send small arms, ammunition and light artillery, too. The war might be over by now if the USA had done that. Instead, the USA wrung its hands worrying about who was fighting Assad as if some fighters for liberty are OK and others are not.
- Clear the sky of Assad’s planes.
- Supply the refugee camps with food, shelter, clothing and medical assistance.
- Air-drop all the radios, rifles, ammunition and light artillery the rebels can manage.
- Supply all kinds of weapons, not just assault weapons. They need snipers’ rifles, laser designators for air-support, laser rangefinders and night-vision.
- Open up a seaport for the rebels.
The sooner the rebels are properly equipped and trained the more lives will be saved. As long as Assad and his partners think Assad can hang on they will keep fighting and killing. Eliminate the doubt.