This changes everything:
- better-performing web applications,
- a new API, totally familiar to millions of developers,
- less need for native applications on the client,
- less need for that other OS if applications essentially can be ported to whatever OS is under the browser as long as the C-code will run on the hardware, and
- possible new ways for malware to operate…
If the ghost of Netscape is not disturbed the decaying carcass of M$ certainly will be. This eliminates one of the last lock-ins by M$, the applications barrier to entry. The Chrome web browser on any x86 version of any OS will be able to run native C-coded web applications.