“an education system flush with cash, but which leaves our young and beautiful students deprived of all knowledge”
See Here Is Donald Trump’s Full Speech From The InaugurationFrom Trump’s inauguration speech one can peek into the abyss of his ignorance:
- On education being flush with cash… Trump might be forgiven his ignorance thinking that a system where USA spends well above average on K-12 education was flush with cash but look where that money is spent: Expenditure per pupil actually declined in public schools since 2008. Only 60% of that money was actually spent on instruction. USA public schools account for 70% of K-12 education. 30% is private. The average OECD country has 84% public education. Perhaps private education is the problem and not the solution. Trump and DeVos seem to want everyone to attend private schools. Yes. That’s the solution. Wring more profit for rich friends running for-profit school systems. [SARCASM] Indiana, where Pence reigned, spent much less on public education. Only 35% of Indiana’s Grade 8 students were proficient in reading… Sadly, that’s average for USA where GOP governors reign.
- On military spending – While Trump is right to point to wasteful military spending as a burden on taxpayers, he wants to increase spending on the military… Yes. If your head hurts because you’re pounding your head on a wall, keep doing it…
- On “America First” – Yes, rich people controlling trade, taxes and foreign affairs is bound to benefit poor people. Yes, we know folks who grow rich ripping off poor people are the solution. [More Sarcasm] Trump promises to cut taxes for rich people saying they will hire more poor people, but what if they just use it to build more factories in the rest of the world, eh? Trump must feel rich people and poor people can’t do maths.
- On Radical Islamic TerrorismTM – He promised to wipe it from the face of the Earth while doing the America First thing, keeping out of foreign wars and making others pay their fair share for defence. Wait a minute! Wasn’t that what O’bama (joke) was doing and isn’t it working? Obama didn’t need one more aircraft carrier to have Daesh rolled back in Iraq and hammered in Syria. He got the locals to do the legwork and some allies to provide air-bases. Is Trump going to claim the credit? Further, won’t moving the embassy to Jerusalem merely stoke the fires of radical Islam? Daesh has an idea, not just an army of murdering bastards. Spending more on the military and pumping out propaganda won’t defeat an idea.
- On God being on USA’s side – Yes, but God isn’t going to do the work. He/she demands rational policies, not slogans. God isn’t going to be pleased hammering gays or Muslims or minorities. Jesus, himself, said “Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.” and recounted the parable of the Good Samaritan. Trump is a sinner of the first order. Don’t let him lead you astray. Trump has no compassion for you or anyone else. Everything is about him.
- On total allegiance to the United States of America – so much for humanity. If you’re not a USAian, you don’t count. What horrors will stem from this? You can bomb others because they’re not USAian. You can cheat them. You can dispossess them. You can take their territory. … Oh, didn’t he say he didn’t want regime change/foreign wars? How is that going to work? “America First” could well result in wars with countries that don’t agree with the slogan. Hitler had a “Germany First” viewpoint. Japan had a similar view. Then there’s North Korea… How did that work out? Let’s see, spending more money on the military that is already the biggest and best equipped in the world is necessary because… Trump intends to use it to go to war! That’s always good for full employment of poor people used as cannon-fodder.
- On making America wealthy again – Isn’t USA already wealthy? Isn’t the real problem that 1%, Trump’s rich friends, have 38% of the wealth and only 10% of the debt? Isn’t cutting the 1%’s taxes going to further tip the scales? How will that work out?
So, Trumpism is a bottomless pit of ignorance with slopes lubricated by slogans. USA is rapidly going down the drain. Will anything be left before the next election? Not if Trump can help it.